REPORT TO: Accounting Manager
FULL TIME / PART TIME: Full-time
EXEMPT / NONEXEMPT: Exempt
- Associate’s Degree in Business preferred
- Two (2) years’ experience in Government/Commercial billing or collections
- Knowledge of CMD Medical Software, Microsoft Office, Excel, and Abila (Sage) Fund Accounting Software
- Prior hospital/business office collections. Demonstrate knowledge of business office electronic billing systems.
- Ability to work well with others and respond quickly and productively to procedural changes
Responsible for collection and processing of medical payments, monitoring of outstanding balances and investigation of billing issues in a timely manner. You will join a dedicated team of accounting professionals who are focused on reaching financial goals, while providing prompt, accurate billing services and excellent customer service.
- Collection of delinquent accounts by establishing payment arrangements with patients; monitoring payments; addressing issues when payment lapses occur
- Responsible for submitting medical claims to insurance companies through our clearinghouse and payers such as Medicare and Medicaid.
- Working with electronic and paper systems used in medical billing
- Responsible for the timely submission of technical or professional medical claims to insurance companies
- Knowledge of insurance guidelines, including HMO/PPO, Medicare, and state Medicaid
- Follow up on unpaid claims within standard billing cycle timeframe
- Call insurance companies regarding any discrepancy in payments if necessary
- Research and appeal denied claims.
- Answer all patient or insurance telephone inquiries pertaining to assigned accounts
- Prepares, reviews and sends patient statements
- Processes payments from insurance companies in CMD
- Opening mail and recording revenue received
- Light accounting and data entry duties
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to lift 20 lbs.
- Sitting and or standing for periods of time
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit resume and cover letter (required) via email to: email@example.com
No phone calls or faxes, please.
We offer excellent benefits including health, vision, life and dental insurance, benefit leave and sick leave, 403(b), and parking. Salary will be competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
*Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free Workplace*