Keep in mind that CVI’s programs are always in need of supplies for the services they provide every day. This includes both vision-specific items, like magnifiers and sunglasses, but also everyday items. For example, we can always use paper products for client gatherings, art supplies for children’s activities, and cookware (pots, pans, oven mitts, etc.) for cooking classes. Thank you for keeping us in mind!
Below are the items needed on an ongoing basis by CVI programs.
- Camping Supplies: Pillows, sheets, sunscreen, insect repellent, bottled water, snacks
- ADL (Activities of Daily Living) Class Needs: 3D paint, EZ Fill Pouring Aid, Heat safe bump dots, Flame retardant oven mitts, “ove glove” hot surface handler, Oven rack cards (cool touch), & 20/20 pens, Nail polish remover, Garment rack, Clothes hangers (wire, plastic, or other material is fine), Pots, Pans, Talking Thermometer, Plastic Food Replicas
- Big Ticket Items: Tickets to sports events (Braves, Hawks, Atlanta Motor Speedway, etc) Heavy duty lockers, Braille labeler, Desktop computers and monitors or laptops (refurbished is fine), Tablets and iPads (refurbished is fine), Android, and iPhones (refurbished is fine), fitness equipment (elliptical, stairmaster), Addi Knitting machine
- Miscellaneous:Ball/bike tire bump and replacement needle, Wall Mountable First Aid Kit, board games
- Art Supplies: Yarn, “Googley” eyes, Buttons, Ribbons, Glue, Beads (with or w/out lettering), Sand paper, Newspaper, Sponges, Scissors (safety tip), Masking tape, Styrofoam balls (different sizes), Face/hand towels, Trays, Socks, Plastic and paper grocery bags, Cookie cutters, Paper-mache paste, Textured wall paper, Foam paper, Water bottle caps, Clear plastic bottles (any shape), Poster board, Decoupage sealer, Clay pots
- Music Class Needs: Music stands, Small speakers, Cow bell, Guiro, tubano
- Braille Library Titles: Nancy Drew-The Wild Cat Crime, Volume 1, Nancy Drew-The Missing Horse Mystery, Volume 1, Nancy Drew-The Crime Lab Scene, Volume 1, Hardy Boys-B 161, Volume 1, Hardy Boys-B 165, Volume 2, Harry Potter-Book 5, Volumes 4 and 13, Harry Potter-Book 1, Volumes 3, 4, Harry Potter-Book 7, Puzzle Maker Presents-Book 1, The Bad Beginning-Book 1, Reptile Room-Book 2, Night of the Living Dummy, Volume 1, Communication, Volume 1
For donations to STARS, contact Heather Ferro: firstname.lastname@example.org or 404-602-4371
Low Vision Clinic
- Laptop (new or used)
- Ruby portable video magnifiers
- Sunwear / glare shields
- Eschenbach dome magnifiers
- MNRead reading assessment charts
- The above items would benefit the occupational therapist when completing visits in homes or in the community (satellite clinics and clinics in assisted living facilities).
For donations to the Clinic, contact Natasha Damon: email@example.com or 404-602-4340
- Gas cards (to help with transportation expenses to get to the Center for visits)
- A “Tomato Soft-Touch floor sitter” (an adaptive chair)
- Hand sanitizer
- Batteries - especially AA & AAA’s
- Riding toys & Pushing toys
- Party supplies (plastic tablecloths, napkins, plates)
- Donations to update pictures in BEGIN hallways
- “Little Bear Sees” books to lend/give to new families of children with cortical visual impairment
- Board books that we can braille to give to families
- Board Books from “Seedlings” to give to families (these are board books that are already brailled!)
- Gift cards to Waffle House, the Varsity or Chick Filet that we can use for class outings
- Gift cards to Midtown Bowling for class outings
- Funding for outings to Special Equestrians (in Milton) for hippo therapy/horseback riding!
For donations to BEGIN, contact Kay Hawkins: firstname.lastname@example.org or 404-602-4332